I woke up with a craving for roast chicken on Saturday. I guess it’s better than having some ooey gooey sugary craving! Ever since my mom made this a couple weeks back, I can’t stop thinking about it! So my mom worked a rare Saturday, which consists of a 12 hour shift, so I thought it was a slim chance that this roast chicken dream would come true. My cousin was in town for the weekend, so I think that kind of helped in my favor! Haha. So I texted my mom about my roast chicken dreams, she stopped by the store on the way home and when I got downstairs from doing some decluttering and organization upstairs she had already gotten it in the oven and was starting on preparing the potatoes! I sure am blessed to still be able to live at home with an amazing mother who can cook just about anything. I am so glad I am getting to learn all of these priceless cooking skills to add to my repertoire!
This chicken is mouthwatering-fantastic, moist on the inside, yet crispy on the outside and has SO much flavor! It is beyond easy to prep and cook! We happen to have a huge rosemary bush in our front yard, so I was happy to be able to use something from the garden. We are planning on planting some more produce in the coming year, which I am really excited about! My dad had such a green thumb and always kept a gorgeous garden. My mom and I tried to keep up with it after he passed, but we don’t seem to have quite as much skill as my dad did. I sure look forward to changing that next year!
Comment down below if you grow anything in the garden and what your favorite item is to grow? If you don’t have a garden, what would you grow if you could? Also, one of my New Years resolutions is going to be to keep up with the garden. Have you thought of any of yours yet? It is definitely not too early to start brainstorming!
Also, don’t forget to subscribe for post updates! The form is to the right —->
Lemon Rosemary Roast Chicken
• whole chicken
• 1 lemon (cut into 8)
• a few sprigs of rosemary
• 15-20 green grapes (halved)
• garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Wash chicken inside and outside. Pat dry.
- Place chicken in 13″ x 9″ baking pan.
- Put lemon, rosemary and grapes in the cavity of the chicken.
- Rub outside of chicken with olive oil and sprinkle with garlic powder.
- Place remaining lemon, rosemary and grapes in the pan. Put chicken on top.
- Roast until done. (about 90 minutes)
Roasted Garlic and Rosemary Potatoes and Carrots
Ingredients (obviously you can cook as much of this as you want, but here is what we did)
• 2 lbs potatoes (yukon golden and red)
• 6 carrots
• 10 cloves of garlic, sliced in half
• 1 sweet onion, diced
• a few sprigs of rosemary
• olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cut potatoes and carrots into similar size pieces.
- Dice onion into large pieces and cut garlic cloves in half.
- Take rosemary off the stems.
- Place everything in a 13″ x 9″ baking pan.
- Drizzle with enough olive oil to coat vegetables.
- Cook in oven until vegetables are tender.
I hope you all enjoy this meal! It is quite the feel good meal that will leave your house smelling so scrumptious. It sure makes it feel a little more like Autumn here in Southern California. Let me know if you end up making either recipe! I would love to hear how you liked it.
MISS Fashionista Problems